Monday, June 6, 2011

May has come and gone, and I have not blogged about it. Sorry (dad-who left me a hilarious voice mail a la Lumberg from Office Space. Yeah, I'm gonna need you to go ahead and blog. That would be greeeeeat. Thanks!) about that! Sometimes it's tough to sit down and make the effort, but I promise to try harder. Here's a wrap up of May:

-My sister and brother in law came to visit over Mother's Day weekend. We went shopping on the plaza, had a wonderful steak dinner, they experienced their first EastLake worship night, lots of laughter, wandering around on Mass St, saw Water for Elephants, hung out at the house and visited. It was a really good trip and I hope their take away was that Kansas does not suck and would be a cool place to live. ;)

-Saw Bridesmaids with a fun group of women. Could have done without a couple of scenes but overall I really enjoyed it. Haven't laughed that hard at a movie in a while. Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig, I bow down to them both.

-Went to my first women leader's meeting at EastLake. Got to meet the famous Heather, an original member who picked up her life in Seattle and moved to Kansas to start EastLake. Hard to imagine me doing something like that, but so incredibly grateful that she and the other original members did. Life would be drastically different if ECC were not in Lawrence! The meeting was great, gave me a push to set a boundary that had been nagging me for a while. Big take away is that it is okay to say no to good things so that I can say yes to great things, and not to stretch myself so thin that I can't give quality time to the people I want to.

-My dad came to visit over Memorial Day weekend. So great to have him here. We had a backyard bbq, complete with s'mores, took him to a super tasty sushi restaurant, went to see Thor, lots of talking and hanging out. 'twas good. :)

So those are the big things. June looks to be a busy one as well. Tomorrow Michael has his oral qualifying exam, which is the next step on the road to getting his PhD. Good vibes/prayers/karma are all appreciated! He is more than prepared, and I am positive he will do great. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment