Sunday, December 18, 2011

Busy bees

My sister and brother in law moved to Lawrence on Wednesday!

Not gonna lie....it's been...AWESOME.

The past few days have been a little crazy, with helping them unload their truck, unpacking, a holiday Christmas dinner with Michael's labmates, a cookie exchange I hosted for about 15 ladies, and introducing Lyndsay and Michael to EastLake. I'm sure they are feeling like they've been hit by a fire hose, but it will slow down...eventually.

This week we've got a winter storm warning to watch tomorrow night, Christmas Eve Eve (that's Friday night) service with EastLake, and assisting Michael on Christmas Eve during his all day Cinnamon Roll marathon. He's making my mom's recipe to give out to our friends. I guess I'll mainly be helping by taste testing. I do what I can. Then we'll wrap them, drop them off, and go look at lights...a holiday tradition that began with my immediate family, resurrected. Pretty cool.

On Christmas Day, we'll be heading to the airport to pick up my dad and stepmom. They're staying for a couple of days and we're all suuuuuper excited. Vicky has never been to Kansas so we'll go to the plaza, probably the day after Christmas, to do some shopping. Dec. 26th also happens to be my mom's birthday, so I'm really glad my dad, sister, and I will all be together.

Lyndsay and I finalized our Christmas Day dinner menu tonight while watching Harry Potter. We're having:

appetizer: my aunt's recipe for baked brie with a walnut & brown sugar topping, served with crackers and pita chips

dinner: standing rib roast, cheesy potatoes, yeast rolls, broccoli & cheese casserole (a new recipe Lyndsay is trying), winter salad with cranberries, apples, pears, almonds, and a homemade lemon poppyseed dressing (my contribution)

dessert: chocolate chip pie w/homemade whipped cream


Drooling yet? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment