Wednesday, September 12, 2012

At the hospital

Quiet night at the hospital. I don't normally work Tuesday nights (errr Wednesday mornings?) but I'm covering for a co-worker so that she can enjoy a much needed vacation.

I've been watching the Food Network off and on for the past couple of hours. I really should not do that...it just makes me hungry and I can't leave so then I just sit here wanting to eat! I have goldfish and a bag of assorted chocolate in my drawer and it's taking a lot of will power not to get into those. Why I do that to myself by bringing those here, I'm not sure. Haha!

Speaking of food...Michael signed up for a KU healthy weight loss challenge. It starts today (Wednesday) and lasts for 10 weeks. It cost us $25 for him to enter and the person who loses the largest percentage of weight wins the pot of money. I'm so excited for him...he does really well when motivated so this could be the perfect kick to jumpstart a healthier routine. He's going to start walking to and from his lab (we live a little over a mile away but I've been driving him most of the time this summer since it was so dang hot), and going to the KU gym a couple times a week after he's done with school. The biggest challenge will be food. He's a great cook and I know we can both adapt our preferences, but I confess...I love to eat out. So maybe we'll save some money in the process too!

So yeah...I guess that's the biggest news that's coming up, family related. The past month has been a whirlwind of training for the hospital job, working, working, working, and some more working. A ton of people have asked me how it's going with working overnights. So far it's been manageable. On Thursdays and Fridays when I get off at 7 am, my routine is normally to go to the hospital cafeteria and pick up something small for breakfast (usually fruit and a biscuit), swing by Lyndsay's condo and chill with her while she gets ready for work (she lives literally a minute from the hospital), then leave around 8 to go to the gym. Work out for half an hour, come home, quick jump in the shower, check email/facebook/any work related things for internet marketing job or EastLake, then sleep by 9:30 ish. I try to get up around 3-4 so I have time to get work things done before the close of their business days if necessary. I try not to leave too much housework on Thurs and Fri because frankly...I don't feel like doing it. I'll visit with Michael, eat dinner, watch tv with him or a movie, and try to get in a quick nap around 8pm so I'm refreshed and ready to go again by 10:30.

Not going to lie, it's tiring juggling 3 jobs. I thought it would be a little easier since they are all part time. I do feel pulled sometimes in different directions. But 2 out of 3 don't have set hours and are work from home, so that's a huuuuuge plus and honestly, the only reason I'm able to do it. And clearly, since I'm typing this at 4 am while at the hospital job, the downtime I have affords me the opportunity to do some work for the other 2 here, if I need to.

I think this weekend is going to be a rest and recharge weekend before fall gets crazy, for sure. I have been stretching myself pretty thin with a lot of events, working, etc. A lot of it has been really fun (birthday party for a friend's 2 year old, pampered chef party, going out for a drink with Lyndsay, a trip to downtown OP) but I was thinking about it the other day... I think I need a day to be lazy at home and not do anything. So I think that is going to be this Saturday, minus an hour where I very well may kill myself trying to do Body Pump. Oh Lord, help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment