Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Weekend Update




It's 3 am and it's raining lightly. Every now and then a breeze will gust through and rattle the windchime that's outside our main living room window. So peaceful to listen to! I hope it's raining in the morning. I love rainy days when I can stay in pj's, open the window, and listen to the rain without being interrupted. One of my favorite things! We just haven't had enough of those days this summer because it's been so dry.

This weekend was a good mix of busy and recharging. I really have to be proactive to maintain that balance, or it's quick to get out of hand with things to do, people to see, etc., and before I know it I don't have a free minute to myself. I've learned in the past couple of weeks that recharging is vital if I'm going to stay sane while balancing time with God, three jobs, quality time with my husband, friends, and keeping the house (relatively) free of animal fuzz. There's just no other way to put it: I will literally go crazy. Haha. My way of resting and recharging is to be at home not doing anything except maybe watching a tv show on netflix/hulu. Those days where I don't have a set time to be somewhere, can stay in pj's all morning, and read/tv/go out for a late lunch: perfection. I love spending time with my friends and it energizes me in a completely different way, but it's usually not restful for me (exception: a small but amazing circle of friends where I can come over in sweatpants holding a bottle of wine, and they don't even blink an eye). 

Friday I got home from work, exhausted. Slept all day (but not before putting a note on our door telling the FedEx guy to PLEASE leave my package if I don't answer the phone, as I work the night shift and may not hear him knocking). Woke up around 5 and checked the front door: package was there! Hooray! It was the new iphone. My phone's been broken for the past month and a half, so while I am excited to have a better camera and a new color (white), I really was just stoked to have a working phone again. Ya don't know whatcha got til it's gone! I'm not a 'talking on the phone' person but there were times where I REALLY wished I had been able to use my phone. So yay, if you have my number, call me maybe? (I can't believe I just did that).


Panorama feature of the iPhone 5-my backyard on Sat. morning
Above is one of the new features, the Panorama. I had no idea the phone could do that until Michael showed me. Pretty cool, huh? Michael and I went to Ingredient that night for dinner but it was a total bust. :( He hated his meal. Mine was okay but nothing special. He looked pretty miserable poking at his chicken sandwich so I suggested we go to Pita Pit, which was a few stores up, to get him a different sandwich. Wife of the year right here. Much happier husband after a full belly. We hit up a few stores looking for a phone case for me and new earphones for him (they redesigned them with the new phone and he took one look at mine and had to have a pair for himself), but couldn't find any. Went home and watched a couple episodes of Supernatural (we are on a time crunch to finish season 7 before the new season debuts! -yep, we're addicted.

new nails!
Saturday morning, for some inexplicable reason I woke up at 6 am. If you know me at all, you know this is totally not normal. After starting at the ceiling for half an hour, I saw Michael starting to wake up. I nudged him and told him that if I wasn't going to be able to go to sleep, we should at least take advantage of a rare early morning and go have breakfast. So we did! It was really nice to change up our 'dates', avoid the rush at IHOP, and spend quality time together in the morning. After breakfast we went to a couple different stores, again on the search for iphone cases/earphones. We finally found a sparkly pink case for me at Best Buy and the earphones for Michael at KU's student stores. I dropped Michael off and decided to have a little alone time and go get my nails done. I haven't done that in forever, it was a nice treat! The color is OPI's Second Honeymoon (um...yes please!).


Tiff's baby shower gifts-diapers and moscato. 

That afternoon I went to a baby shower for my good friend Tiff. She has a particular favorite brand of moscato wine and I'm pretty sure she is counting down the days until that sweet baby girl of hers is born so she can have a glass. So what better way to shower her with a gift for HER and for the baby? I hope it's enjoyed post delivery. Her shower was excellent. No weird baby shower games, just tasty food, good conversation, and lots of excitement for Tiff. Our friend Pam had everyone write a message on a chalk board to Tiff and/or the baby, then took our picture with it for a photo album to give to Tiff. What a cool idea!! I loved it. 
Showing my buddy Anna how much better the front facing camera is on my new phone-at Tiff's shower. Beautiful tablescape (ok Sandra Lee) by Emily in the background!
Giving my new "purse" a spin, that I got at my buddy Amanda's Pampered Chef party a few ago. You fill it with ice cubes or water and it keeps your wine cold. This was for a meeting I went to with some awesome ladies where we had peach sangria.

Sunday was pretty busy. Church had me running around all over the place, pitching in to do kids check in, then managing my growth group kiosks and helping answer questions for people. I was so excited to hear that EastLake had more people show up in our second week after mailing out a flyer to the entire city, AND when we had to change locations. Go God for bringing people in even when we bounce locations. My hope and prayer is that those people who are looking for a sense of belonging and community will find it with our church family and plug into a group. It's such an awesome variety of people and there's always room for more. After church we came home and ate, then I did laundry (boo), grocery shopping, and some housework I'd put off the last few days. That night I attended a meeting for some of the women leaders in the church. It was so great to gather everyone together and relax, catch up, encourage one another, and get ready for what's to come!

Pic of new hair-it's more of a honey blonde now with a couple darker pieces. Good start for a fall look. Of course I can never take a serious picture with Michael nearby. ;)

This last pic technically isn't the weekend, but oh well. Tonight I had my hair done and wanted to include a picture. :)










No comments:

Post a Comment