Wednesday, March 30, 2011

And if our God is for us, then who could ever stop us?

Last night Tisha, Ericka and I traveled to Independence, MO (about an hour east of Lawrence) to see Chris Tomlin in concert. If you've never heard of him, Chris Tomlin is a Christian rock supahstar. ;) EastLake plays some of his music, which is how I became aware of him. His songs are very catchy, with beautiful lyrics. So when I saw he was touring and coming near Kansas City, I kept asking my church friends until Tish and Ericka agreed to go with me. :) It was like a mini road trip, a great bonding experience. Love those gals!

The concert itself was amazing. I had some fears initially going into it, since I'd never been to a Christian concert EVER, that this would be the type of thing where people would be fainting in the aisles, speaking tongues, etc. Didn't happen. Just LOTS of singing, smiling, praising-it was an uplifting and powerful 2.5 hours. At the very beginning they said there was no agenda that night other than to praise God-whew! Chris is a wonderful performer with great energy and really got the whole arena to come alive as one group. There was a mini sermon, if you will, in the middle of all the songs that was pretty amazing. If I can find it on youtube I'll try to link to it. The pastor started out by reading a few lines of psalm 148, which is talking about praising God, from the heavens, to the stars, the depths of the oceans, and on Earth. He explained how stars emit a frequency as they spin on their axis and that radio telescopes here have been able to capture that sound, so he played a couple of those. Then he played some whale songs that whales use to travel back and forth and find their way to their territories in the ocean. Then he mixed all of that together in a way that was just so beautiful-and THAT is what God's symphony must sound like. How big and awesome is He, that he created a universe so vast that still wants to emit a joyful noise to Him? Incredible. And yet he still cares about each and every one of us, too.



Our God



Sing Sing Sing

1 comment:

  1. Best time and best concert I have ever been to hands down. Thank you Kelly for inviting me to praise and worship. I sincerely think that it opened up more spaces in my heart for God. I love you infinity!

    ReplyDelete