Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Date night!

First, some good news: My sister's vow renewal/wedding ceremony is officially happening! We were waiting to hear back from my dad's pastor, and she is available so it's on like donkey kong. They'll be having their ceremony on New Year's Day, so 1/1/11! I'm so excited. It will be beautiful and very meaningful. They had a very short, sweet ceremony in the living room of our parents house on March 27th so my mom could see her get married before she passed away. Now she gets to plan the traditional ceremony, reception, all of that. I can't think of better motivation for me to get back on track with a healthy lifestyle. I haven't exercised in over a month and a half due to my ankle injury, and I am so ready to go back to the gym. I think I will start tomorrow with the stationary bike, and build my way back up to my favorite piece of equipment, the elliptical. Baby steps!

Tonight, Michael and I decided to go on a date. We like getting out on days other than Friday or Saturday because restaurants are often less crowded and sometimes the specials are better (fried chicken Wednesdays at Wheatfields, anyone??) It's been over a month and a half since our last date night so we did it right: sushi! We went to Wa on Mass St, followed by Teapouro for a bubble tea. Great service at both!



Here's a shot of me getting ready. That's my mom's necklace. She had the best collection of funky necklaces, a lot of which are now in my possession.



The sushi platter. I wonder how many rolls you have to order to get a boat?? I ordered the maui roll and crabby dragon roll. The maui roll had shrimp tempura, asparagus, and cream cheese, with mango and mixed nuts on top. Sounds totally weird but it was really good! The crunch of the asparagus and creaminess of the cream cheese were a great compliment to the sweetness of the mango and saltiness of the soy sauce. Yum. I would definitely order it again. The crabby dragon had crab on the inside with eel and avocado on top. I love all of those ingredients so there was nothing wrong with it, but I missed tempura flakes...that would have put it over the top for me. Still, the rolls and a house salad left me beyond full. I had a light lunch to 'budget' most of my calories for our special dinner, and it was so worth it!



Waiting for my bubble tea at Teapouro, I decided to get a take away menu. I would love to come here sometime and get a big pot of tea and read a book. It's very comfy inside with lots of seating, and pretty reasonable prices. $3.99 for a large bubble tea (I had a small) whereas at House of Cha it's over 5 dollars. I love House of Cha but that's a pretty big difference in price! They also have a bubble tea card where once you buy 9 teas, you get one free. Love that kind of thing. The girl who made my bubble tea was super friendly and helpful with suggesting flavor combos. You can mix and match to create your own, how cool is that?



The tea. I got strawberry flavored, and it was delicious! I dig the tapioca pearls (bubbles).

It was a nice night out with my sweetie! Now we're at home watching Man v. Food. Talk about gluttony!

No comments:

Post a Comment