Friday, July 30, 2010

Weekend!

Whoo hoo! I love weekends. Who doesn't? Although it's slightly less gratifying not having the feeling of physically coming home on a Friday afternoon...I guess shutting my computer will have to do. We've had a busy Friday night! This weekend we're going to a volunteer/adopter picnic with the group that gave us Penny, and needed outdoor chairs since we don't have any. So we stopped by Wal-Mart to pick up a couple of cheap but comfy camping chairs. Next up was a quick pop in to Michael's to get a new necklace clasp for one of my necklaces that has broken. I'm soooo happy that this particular necklace can be fixed with a $2 clasp...it was one of my mom's and a favorite of mine! I'll take a picture once it's all pretty. We got hungry so we stopped by Jason's Deli for sandwiches.

Finally, we went to Best Buy to get...a new iphone 4 for me! My contract has been up for renewal since June so I was eligible for a discount on the phone. The tech guy said we were lucky because the only ones they had were from people who had pre-ordered but never came to pick them up, so they had just started to sell them to the general public. I think a lot of people are getting cold feet over the antenna issue. But as long as mine works with the case we got, I'll be okay. I've spent the rest of the night transferring all of my contacts over, songs, apps, all kinds of fun stuff. I bought a couple of new games, one of which is Monopoly. So cool to see what can be done with a phone now. I remember when my parents first got cell phones and they were these HUGE dinosaur looking contraptions, and basically were only used in the car because they were too clunky to actually be carried anywhere.

So what's on tap for the rest of the weekend? So far I'm planning:

-grocery shopping
-washing the car...oh how filthy it is
-laundry (it piles up so quickly now that Michael is back home!)
-hitting the gym
-church
-greyhound volunteer/adopter picnic

I am super excited about the picnic, I'm sure Penny will have a great time playing with so many other dogs! Her biological brother will be there so I am very much looking forward to seeing them interact. Michael will be ready with his camera! Penny's brother was in the adoption program the same time as her and was adopted by another couple. I also hopefully will get some information about my role in running their ebay auctions...I will be doing a few a month for the group to help raise money. It's an ideal way for me to volunteer since I'm basically on the computer all day during the week.

1 comment:

  1. Take videos at the adoption clinic of all the greyhounds!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete