Thursday, October 7, 2010

Leavin' on a Jet Plane

It's been a busy week!

Tuesday was so much fun. Sue, Tish, and Anna from EastLake came over to watch Glee. Wasn't that a heavy episode? Oy. I am obsessed with Kurt's version of "I Want to Hold Your Hand"...it was so beautiful the way they changed it into an homage for Kurt's dad. I'm glad the girls were with me and making me laugh, this episode easily could have been a tearjerker for me, especially when they showed a young Kurt and his Dad in the cemetary after his mom's funeral. After Glee Anna taught me how to crochet. Wow...that was an exercise in patience for her! Let's just say it takes me a while to catch on. Right now I have a practice scarf I'm working on. We discovered that thicker yarn with a bigger crochet hook works much better for people who have no idea what they're doing. ;) Can't wait for groups to start next week! I am really hoping to meet some wonderful new people and continue to get to know the amazing friends I already have. So far we are up to 21 people in our dog walking group...amazing! If you want to join, anyone is welcome...you don't have to go to EastLake. We're meeting at the Eldridge on Sat, Oct 16th for a welcome breakfast at 9 am. Hope to see you there. :)

Yesterday, Michael and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary. The time has really flown by, sometimes it feels like we've only been married for 5 minutes. I looked through our wedding pictures yesterday just to reminisce, so that was a fun trip down memory lane. That was such an amazing day, and so "us". We were married at 11 am in a chapel 10 minutes from where I grew up in Wake Forest, NC. After the ceremony we had a lunchtime reception at Caffe Luna, our favorite Italian restaurant in downtown Raleigh. The food was fantastic. Our cake was such a hit that we didn't even get a slice beyond the bite we had for the cutting of the cake pictures! Yep...we went outside to do some portraits and by the time we got back, it was all gone! At least we had groom's cake left! LOL. After the reception, our bridal party and a couple other close friends all went to Krispy Kreme. I will never forget the looks we all got, walking into the shop in our wedding gear! One of my friends said, "Shouldn't a bride get a free donut on her wedding day?" and the manager agreed with her, so that rocked. After a break for a couple of hours so everyone could get changed and rest, we met for dinner at Bogart's in downtown Raleigh for drinks, dinner, and more good times. It was a night I will never forget, because we were with so many of our best friends.

This is my favorite picture from our wedding day. :)

Once he got home from dog class with Penny, we went out for dinner at Free State. My super sweet dad sent us some money to have dinner out. Thanks poppa!! So we did, and it was great. Onion rings and beer with my best friend, the man who makes me laugh every single day...couldn't ask for anything more. Hope there's many more to come!! :)

Tonight's going to be busy...we're dropping Penny off at our friends' house, who just happen to own her litter mate and brother. They are going to have so much fun hanging out this weekend. Then we're going to pack, because this time tomorrow we'll be on a plane for VEGAS! I'm pretty excited, if you can't tell. I've never been before and for sure will be a wide eyed tourist but I'm okay with that! We're going for 2 weddings. One is my friend Becca, who is getting married in the hotel we're staying at, and the other is Michael's best friend from high school. It will be a crazy weekend for sure, but fun. See ya on the flipside....aka Tuesday when we're back!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for anniversary!! And have a great time in Vegas!

    dad

    ReplyDelete