Saturday, November 6, 2010

lazy Saturday

Today was a really great, relaxing Saturday. I got up early and went for a walk with my growth group. It was cold, around 29 degrees when we began our walk. But the crisp air felt rejuvenating to my lungs. I had to wear a sweatshirt and gloves, but that's okay. I walked a beautiful trail with a friend and felt renewed.

Then we decided to reward our good deed to our bodies by going out to breakfast. I actually had lunch time food...a chicken salad melt with a salad and breakfast potatoes. The food was tasty, but the company was the best part. Love these times of getting to hang out with girlfriends and truly just be myself...no pretenses, no trying to put up a fake front to please them. They think the real me is pretty okay...thank goodness.

Came home and played with the puppy. Took a nap. Watched Top Gun. Spent an hour on Skype with my Dad. Helped Michael give Penny a bath. Watched Suze Orman ( I love the Can I Afford It? section). And tonight we all get an extra hour of sleep!

It's these little things that can take up a day, where if I don't actively appreciate them, can float by and be categorized as meaningless. But they're definitely not. I appreciate these lazy Saturdays as a time to recharge, laugh, and give thanks for all that I have...even if that amounts to answering "not much" to the "what did you do this weekend?" question.

No comments:

Post a Comment