Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Weekend Roundup



Christmas is coming...oh joy...

Saturday

-Last growth group meeting for me & Tisha's walking group. Attendance has been pretty good overall...because it was such a big group it felt like we never had the exact same people each week, which was good and bad. I feel like I made a couple of new friends and at least was introduced to several new ladies that I'd like to get to know better. In the end, I'm glad Tisha and I took the plunge of leading a group. Our last meeting was at Ingredient, a restaurant on Mass St. Felt like an appropriate end to the Let's Get Physical chapter since our very first meeting was at Ten on Mass (in the Eldridge).

-Several hours later, Tisha, her adorable baby Sophia, Sue and I went to the Legends in KCK in order to go to TRex. TRex is a themed restaurant with lots of moving dinosaurs inside and outside of the restaurant, an exhibit where kids (and kids at heart) can dig for fossils, they have a meteor show every half hour or so...lots of things going on. Sophia is only 14 months so I think everyone knew we were going just 'cause we wanted to. I have no problem admitting that. I would totally go again, too. I think the fun meter would be amplified with elementary aged kids who would want to see all the different parts and go through the exhibit. The food wasn't too bad, either.



The dude with the teeth was the greeter.



This was our view from the "Ice Age" room. There were flying dinos, a meteor show, planets, stars, and more decorating the ceiling. The restaurant really was filled floor to ceiling.



Our dessert: fudge brownies with ice cream. Food makes us slower so the velociraptors have an easier time getting THEIR dinner. ;)

-Saturday night: food coma, movies with Michael, Suze Orman. Excitement x 10. ;)

-Sunday: Michael volunteered in the kids wing at EastLake. A weekly dose of adorable babies (and let me tell you, the moms & dads that attend EastLake do make adorable babies) is not doing me any favors at quieting his baby fever. He was telling me all about one Thanksgiving dress a little girl was wearing and how he wants to dress up our future little girl (if we have one) in things like that. Oy! Finish your orals and let me lose some weight, then we'll talk. :P

I'm inspired by the selfless generosity I see everyday through the members of EastLake. Whether it's helping a family who has lost everything from a fire, jumping in to take a member to the hospital, or just lending an ear to a friend that needs it...you guys rock.

-After we left, Michael told me he would be busy during the afternoon on Dec 5th. Dec 5th = EastLake 101 = membership class. My face: :D :D :D

-Sunday was my sweet little doggy's 4th birthday. We celebrated with a birthday hat, which she was not a fan of, and a birthday cheeseburger, which she most definitely enjoyed. Her new collar came in today and she modeled it like the diva she is.


The key to a good photograph is to smile like you mean it.



If looks could kill this one would be life ending for me.

-Wrapped up the evening visiting a friend who was put on modified bed rest at 29 weeks during her pregnancy. My stash of kids dvds is limited but I did manage to have a couple that she didn't have, so I hope they provide a good distraction. I know not being allowed to get up much is a total pain.

-And now, for something completely different: my friend Becca had mentioned an opportunity for people who blog to get a chance at earning 50 free holiday cards from the folks at shutterfly.com in exchange for writing a lil somethin' somethin' about how we use holiday cards. Well. My senior year of college I worked at Hallmark, which was a perfect fit because I love the holidays...even the made up "hallmark" ones. I really might be one of the few that actually enjoys sending cards. Michael and I were debating if we wanted to really cross the line into "those friends of ours who talk about their dog WAY too much" by making a photo card with Penny on the front. We determined we would decide when we saw the pictures Penny took with Santa at the Lawrence Animal Fair. One picture was just fantastic. So yeah, we're jumping the shark and diving into that category, with Shutterfly's help. If you're interested in taking a peek at their customizable Christmas cards, check 'em out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment