Saturday, August 28, 2010

I would like to partake in your pecan pie

I'm watching Suze Orman-she's about to do the "Can I afford It?" section. I love this show, partly because I'm so curious about the things other people save up (or not, in some cases, but want to buy anyway). Michael is in the kitchen making cookies. What kind? I'm not sure, because he won't tell me! The suspense is killing me. I have a feeling they'll be some kind of oat based cookie, though. Penny is eating her dinner. The way she does this is by picking up a mouthful of food, then dropping it onto the living room rug (which has just been freshly vacuumed-arrrrgh!). She then eats all of the kibble except for the freeze dried carrots, which we've figured out she doesn't like. Picky girl! I guess I could avoid picking up carrot pieces every night by switching her food, but she seems to like all the other parts, and quality dog food is really important to us. So I guess I'm stuck for the time being. :P

This has been a great, relaxing weekend so far. Friday I had a completely girlie night-haven't had that in a while! Michael didn't end up going to his lab event because he had a migraine, poor guy. I picked him up from campus with some tylenol and a pepsi in the seat for him, and he went to bed as soon as we got home. So I got to spend my Friday watching When Harry Met Sally (I'll have what she's having!), painting my nails a really pretty shade of pale pink, eating a deliciously greasy hamburger and fries from 5 Guys, and playing with my new set of hair rollers I got from Target. Erm...I need to practice. But I did get the layers in front of my face to curl pretty nicely. Michael woke up around 11 feeling much better so we snuggled on the couch watching Ocean's Thirteen.

Today I slept in, cleaned the house, bought a couple of new jackets/sweaters for fall from Old Navy, played outside with Penny, and watched Contact with Michael. Gotta love Netflix instant streaming! After dinner we put up all of our fall decorations. I know it's probably too early but I can't help it...it's my favorite season. Just so much going on to be happy about...cooler weather, leaves changing, football games, cinnamon/apple/pumpkin candles and foods, Starbucks pumpkin spice lattes, sweaters, my dad's birthday, my brother in law's birthday, Michael's birthday, MY birthday (Oct & Nov are busy for us!), Thanksgiving...I could go on, but I won't. :)

Tomorrow will be pretty busy and exciting, but more about that tomorrow. ;)

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for fall too, summer is out! Speaking of Old Navy, I just now put on my apple pants I bought with you in Kansasland, they're amazing! I need more old navy pjs...:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kelly you should check out Dollar Tree on Iowa Street they just put out the fall decor a couple of days ago. It's not too bad for dollar store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tish, I will go check that out! Always looking for cute stuff, and even better if it's cheap. :)

    ReplyDelete