Monday, August 9, 2010

My Achilles Heel

That would be the fall Yankee Candle catalog, which happened to come today. Fall scents! Cute pumpkin votives! Skeleton tea lights! Haunted house tea warmers! Come to mama. I think it's that signal that cooler days are upon us (even though today it was 101 degrees, ugh) and that means the holiday season isn't too far off. I love, love, love the holidays. The baking, the decorating, spending time with family, shopping, everything that goes with fall, I am excited about. I have very happy memories of going to Yankee Candle at the mall with my mom and sister and spending lots of time there just smelling all the new candles, even though inevitably we'd always get her favorite scents, Macintosh Apple and Autumn Wreath. I think this is probably why perfume and bath product stores don't aggravate my sense of smell like they seem to do most people...I was exposed at a young age.

Yeah, I'm thinking I'm going to have to make an order soon. We're almost out of our current candle anyway, and the evil, evil catalog has scratch and sniff pages. That's just evil. I'm thinking I'll get Candy Corn to try something new, and a Macintosh for mama. That scent is burned into my memory when I think of her. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment