Friday, August 20, 2010

School's in session

KU has started classes for the 2010-2011 school year. This means year #2 for Michael in his grad school program. It's exciting because this is the last year of required classes for him. After this year, he'll probably take classes just to keep his mind alert, but won't have to take them specifically for his degree. This semester he's taking numerical analysis, biochem, his bioinformatics student seminar, and will be teaching undergrad biology labs. I asked him how his classes were today and he said insane. I laughed and reminded him that he was the one who chose these courses. He replied, "My choice in classes makes it seem like I don't like myself." Poor guy! Haha...it will be a challenge but I know he can do it.

Fun news...my cousin went wedding dress shopping in Boston today for the famous Running of the Brides at Filene's Basement. In addition to finding a beautiful gown, she was chosen out of the crowd for a makeover by Carson Kressley from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy and was filmed as a before/after makeover for the Oprah show! How cool is that...supposedly it will air in November or January. I'm sure my aunt will keep the family well informed about it. Just wish I could have been there with them!

1 comment:

  1. "My choice in classes makes it seem like I don't like myself."

    That will now be added as a classic example of a Michael-ism. :-)

    I know he will do great this year!

    ReplyDelete