Friday, September 3, 2010

:(

I just found out my dentist in Raleigh, Dr. Mike Williams, has been diagnosed with acute leukemia. This really sucks. He has been my dentist for over 13 years, ever since I transitioned from pediatric dentistry. He is more than "just" a dentist to our family. He plays with my dad in the praise band at their church and gave a lot of support to us when my mom was sick. Professionally, he is just awesome. I have some screwed up teeth and he has always been great with offering solutions for me. For the past year, rather than try to find a dentist here, I have flown home to Raleigh and coordinated dentists appointments when I knew I would be home.

All I know is that he'll be in the hospital next week for a month-long stay. Please, please keep him and his family in your prayers. I am just praying that the treatment works, and that he can find comfort and strength in the coming months ahead knowing how much he is loved by his family, friends, and God. Cancer can really go to hell.

3 comments: