Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Happy days

This might seem silly to some of you, but a big reason why today was an awesome day was because GLEE is back on tv. Love, love, love that show. I think it's hilarious, doesn't take itself too seriously, and it is just plain fun to bust out in a song every 10 minutes or so. Puts a huge smile on my face. I signed up for a growth group on Tuesday nights, so once October rolls around I'm going to have to stay off the internet until I get home so I don't get spoiled by Facebook, twitter, etc. GLEE is very quotable so I'm sure I would see some stuff from episodes within an hour of it airing live.

In addition to GLEE, Michael and I also watch Castle, Caprica, Fringe, and The Big Bang Theory. I recorded The Biggest Loser, Hawaii Five 0, and The Event. Jury is still out on The Event...I thought it was intriguing so I will watch it again to see how it progresses. People are comparing it to LOST, which I loved and was frustrated by at the same time because with each question that was answered, 5 more would pop up. I know it's a lot of tv, but thankfully the dvr records most of it so we're still able to be out and about as we want to be. Our fall nights will be pretty busy...I have growth groups on Tuesday and Thursday, and Michael has doggie 'good citizen' class with Penny on Wednesdays. Not complaining though, I love hanging out with EastLakers!

Speaking of groups, Tish and I have 6 sign ups so far for our group. Soooo exciting!! We're doing a dog walking group on Saturday mornings and even though I am not a morning person, I hope it will be fun. I'd rather eat breakfast out than walk but that is a habit I need to break, haha.

My other group is going to be teaching me how to crochet. I can't wait to learn. I am not really a crafty person so I'm sure it will be challenging at first but I am up for it. I already have a list of things to make for family: a potholder for dad, and scarves for Michael and Lyndsay.

Tonight my Dad called asking for some advice. A family friend had sent an invite to a baby shower for her niece (the daughter of the lady who used to babysit me when I was little), addressed to my mom. Which means their family doesn't know she passed away. Talk about awkward. That is a really, really tough phone call to make. I know my dad will be okay doing it when he is ready, but it still sucks so have to make those calls. Time is slowly making each day a bit easier but...I don't know. Then these little things happen and it's a reminder of how much our lives have changed since March. Whoever you are, if you are reading this and your mom is still alive, give her a call or pay her a visit whenever you can. I would give practically anything for one more day of shopping, going to Starbucks, going to church, sending a funny email to my mom...those little things I just counted on to be there for a lot longer than I got.

4 comments:

  1. This old song has new meaning for me:

    And I would give anything I own
    Give up my life, my heart, my home
    I would give everything I own
    Just to have you back again

    -Bread "Everything I own"

    (Search You tube for entire song...worth it)
    dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for putting my blog link on your sidebar
    <---- Got me some traffic!

    Love GLEE!

    @bailann :)

    ReplyDelete