Monday, September 13, 2010

update :)

Long time no talk...busy week I guess. Labor Day was a nice break with Michael. We didn't do too much but it was good to have some down time. :) This weekend we went to a fundraiser for the greyhound adoption group. It was fun! There were games for the dogs, lots of shopping, a silent auction, a live auction, and tons of sweet doggies to play with. We won a silent auction that contained doggie soap, shampoo, "refresher mist" spray, a towel and mitt, plaque off (a supplement to add to food to reduce plaque and tartar), dermapaw, and ear cleaner. I think we are set on dog supplies for a while! Michael won a live auction that included a charcoal grill, 4 camping chairs, a spice set from Gates BBQ, and a gift set from Jack Stack BBQ. We will probably put the charcoal grill up on craigs list since we already have one, we mainly wanted the chairs and spices. Tonight for dinner he used the spice rub, a Penzey's english prime rib rub, and a little bit of Gates bbq sauce on some sirloin steak and it was amazing. Soooo good! Lots of leftovers for tomorrow, too. :) I have to remember to take it easy when it comes to my ankle...4-5 hours on my feet put me out of commission for the rest of the night. Which was okay, since it was spent re-watching the pilot of Battlestar Galactica. I'm not a huge sci-fi person but that show was amazing.

In other exciting, kind of scary news, my friend T and I are going to be co-leading a growth group. We met last week to talk about what we wanted it to be. Part of me is like, what the heck have you gotten yourself into??? I swear on the inside I'm an introvert, but EastLake seems to ignore that and pull me out of my shell, which is a good thing! But most of me is really excited about it. It's a walking group that going to meet on Saturday mornings. We'll probably go to a different place each week, like KU's campus, Prairie Park, downtown Mass, etc. People can bring their dogs and I hope it will be a good way to start the weekends...good friends, a little movement, maybe some coffee afterwards...just overall a good time. That's the goal, anyway. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment